Friday, July 29, 2011

Today...

Today I was out shopping for the majority of the day. I'm glad to be home though, I realized that I haven't performed my little housekeeping rituals.

About once a month, I mix garlic, salt, consecrated water, and a little garlic oil together with a mortar and pestle, then I go around my house, starting with the front door, and I trace a pentagram on every door and window after dipping a couple fingers into the mixture. I forget exactly where I picked up this idea. But i've been doing it for so long that it just feels right.
It's really simple, and doesn't require you to blend up a bunch of rare herbs over an open fire, while running around with a stick above your head and chanting something about a giant octopus God.

Not even I have time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment